Names of those seeking admission are registered from the second half of December of each year to January of the next year. Written tests and subsequent interviews are held in the month of February/March. Final list of the selected candidates is displayed on the School's Notice Board. New session starts from the first working day of April.
Written test is conducted for English, Hindi and Mathematics. However children seeking admission for Nursery are called for a meeting with the concerned teachers and Principal, along with the parents. Orientation programme is conducted for all new parents.
A clear calendar month's notice in writing or a month's fee in lieu of the notice must be given before the pupil can be withdrawn. Those who leave School in May must, in all cases, pay the fee for the month of June. Transfer Certificate is issued only when all the dues of the School are settled. Students can be asked to leave the School on the following grounds:
Repeated detention in the class
A child who fails twice in the same class will not be permitted to stay in the School. Where the withdrawal takes place due to the above reasons, the question of a month's notice or one month fee in lieu thereof does not arise.
Promotion is granted on the basis of the whole year's performance of the pupil hence importance of regularity in attendance and work is imperative. For final computation of the marks from classes II to VIII onwards 20% of the Weekly test, 30% of the Half Yearly and 50% of the Annual Examination is taken into consideration. For classes IX and Xl first terminal, second terminal and annual examination is conducted.
For classes X and XII first terminal, second terminal and Pre-Board examinations are conducted. Marks scored by the students in first and second terms are shown as such. In the column of final term, marks entered are based on 70% of what the child has scored in the pre-board examination and 30% of the weekly tests.
The general criteria for promotion is that the student has grasped the subject matter of his/her present class sufficiently well to follow the syllabus at the higher class easily.
All students from class I upwards must wear the following school uniform at school, during examinations and on organized tours and even on days when an extra class or any activity is conducted by the school.
1. White shirt with half sleeves or full sleeves and the letters DPS embroidered on the pocket.
2. White Vests should always be worn under the shirts.
3. White Shorts for Classes up to VIII (not more than 2 1/2" above knees)
4. White straight regular trousers for classes VIII -X
5. Plain black leather shoes with laces, medium or broad toe.
6. White socks with bottle green stripes.
7. Bottle green school belt with emblem/green school tie with emblem.
8. Sports shoe for PT on games only.
9. Turban if worn should be bottle green in colour.
10. Appropriate and well fitting inner garments.
11. House T-Shirts on Activity Day.
1. Only for class I -III White tunic with box pleats.
2. White shirt with half sleeves /full sleeves and the letters DPS embroidered on the pocket.
3. White divided / plain skirt / tunic 1" above the knees. (for classes IV to X)
4. Tights / Bloomers / long shorts with elastic band as inners.
5. Black leather shoes with straps / laces, medium toe.
6. White socks with bottle green stripes.
7. Bottle green belt with emblem.
8. Black ribbons / hair bands (as per individual needs) / black rubber bands.
9. Sport shoes white for mass PT.
10. House T-Shirts on Activity Day.
11. Appropriate and well fitting bodice.
12. A bottle green tie with the school emblem.
1. No fancy hair clips / jewellery / payals etc., allowed.
2. No other form of foot wear other than that mentioned under school uniform allowed.
3. The cut of the trouser should be straight.
4. Bottle green plain jersey / sweater . V-neck (sleeves optional) can be worn by boys and girls during winter.
5. Students of only classes I to V are allowed to wear informal dresses to school on their birthdays.
The school prepares students for All India Secondary School Examination and All India Senior School Certificate Examination under 10+2 scheme conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. Subjects taught in the normal curricula are English, Hindi, Telugu, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology-History, Civics, Economics, Geography, Computers, Music, Dance, Art, Painting, Physical Education, General Knowledge, Moral Science, Environmental Studies, Disaster Management etc.
Subject combination offered at +2 level is as follows :
1. Biology 1. Maths 1. English
2. English 2. English 2. Business Studies
3. Physics 3. Physics 3. Accountancy
4. Chemistry 4. Chemistry 4. Economics
5th Subject Optional
1. Maths* 1. Biology* 1. Maths
2. Physical Education 2. Physical Education 2. Physical Education
3. Computers 3. Computers 3. Computers
4. Multimedia & Web Tech. 4. Economics 4. Multimedia & WebTech
5. Hindi 5. Multimedia & WebTech. 5. Hindi
* May be avoided. Past record of various schools is not an encouraging one.